Sunday, February 28, 2016

MuscleTech Premium Protein Plus Recommendation



There are many supplements available that can help weight lifters reach their ultimate goals. However, protein powder is the most important one of all. In fact, the recommended protein intake for weight lifters is between .5 grams and .75 grams per pound of body weight. I personally recommend that individuals who are serious about resistance strength training get at least .75 grams of protein per pound of body weight. For example, I currently weigh 233 pounds and I make sure to get roughly 174 grams of protein per day. It is difficult to get this much protein from food and thus I supplement with protein powder.
              I personally use and recommend MuscleTech’s Premium Whey Protein Plus. I typically take one serving in the morning, one serving before my workout, and then an additional two servings after my workout. Since each serving has 20 grams of protein, I am receiving 80 grams of my daily protein needs in a convenient and economical way. Next, I will list the pros and cons of this product

Pros:
  • Taste: Both the chocolate and vanilla flavors taste pretty good, especially with milk.
  • Cost: A five pound bag costs less than $40.
  • Amino Acids: Each serving has 2.5 grams of the following amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, valine, and glutamine.
  • Creatine: Each serving also has 2.5 grams of creatine which helps build muscle and aid in enhanced endurance.
  •  Sugar: It has a small amount of added sugar (3g).
  • Calcium: It has a good amount of calcium (110mg or 11% of your daily needs).

Cons:
  •  Calories: It has a lot of calories (140 per serving).
  • Cholesterol: It has a lot of cholesterol (55mg per serving or 18% of your daily needs).
  • Mixing: It does not mix very well. I recommend using a blender.
Overall, this is a great protein and I plan on using it for as long as I continue to resistance strength train. It helps improve muscle performance, it aids in muscle recovery, it provides essential amino acids, and it tastes great for a powdered protein. MuscleTech Premium Whey Protein Plus can be ordered at: http://www.muscletech.com/products/sams-club/premium-whey-protein-plus/ It can also be found at your local Sam’s Club.


Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment